Dr. Kevin Kirkland's evaluations and conversations with COS and GEM operatives and their colleagues.

Friday, November 16, 2007

What did you like about Nikki, Jed?

(long pause)

(I opened my mouth to rephrase the question.)

Why do you ask now, Doc.?

(Jed is always evasive. I've gotten better prepared with this habit of his to manipulate a conversation.)

"To see what makes you attractive to women, especially someone like Nikki Harden. She's not really your usual."

And what is my usual?

(This is prime example of his manipulation of a conversation. Must use something directly harsh here.)

"She was damaged mentally and physically when she came to us. There was nothing seductive or dangerous to whet your interest, was there? So what was the initial thing about her that attracted you?"

(pause)

(There was a quiet distance in his demeanor.)

I mostly kill, Doc. Or seduce, which sometimes can be a bit like an assasination. To save someone, bring her back from the brink of total darkness, give her what she needs, that's something maybe someone like me might appreciate a little more than a scientist and a doctor. On the other hand, perhaps I found her the ultimate seduction challenge. Or perhaps, even I can't resist the temptation of being put on a pedestal and be viewed a savior.

"Self-mockery, Jed?"

(a ghost of a smile)

You're getting to know me too well.

"Surely, spending two years with Nikki meant more to you than just her needing you to save her."

Who said it wasn't the other way round?

(My turn to pause. Jed does like to give me twists and turns to think about.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do you feel about Nikki's pregnancy Jed? and
How is she coming along Doc?

Mo said...

Hehe... so read... hmmm, kinda makes me think of Rome; the idea that without the love of his first wife he would never have been able to love Sarah. Things to ponder.

Anonymous said...

I think this totally fits with the mindset we've come to know regarding Jed's personality - Tara

Anonymous said...

I believe Nikki makes it possible for Jed to be interested in living again at that time of his life. As for his feelings for Helen Roston, I still haven't gotten through yet.